Tuesday, September 23, 2008

{Change of blog} Day 1 Observation (9/19/08)

I was debating between blogging on this and on a politics group. I know they are complete opposites but the politics group seemed like something that is current and that is being talked about now, while cats are something that are personally more interesting to me. I ultimately decided to join the cats group because I was curious to see what people would have to say about cats in a group online.

The group has 5,556 members. That’s so many more people than I figured would be in the group! It’s been on Yahoo! since 1998, so I guess over the years more and more people have joined. In 2008, there have been 1100 and 2300 postings each month! That’s so many more than I thought, wow!

It’s funny because the first posting I went to look at on the blog was spam, and the spam was about who to vote for as president. Apparently, people were doing this often, because the moderator posted a few hours later, telling people to stop discussing politics in a group devoted to cats.

The next posting was about one person’s cat being sick- she was worried because he wasn’t eating. The person who responded to her said that it’s not normal if the cat is not eating, and he should be checked out by a vet. Already I see why people go on blogs like this for advice from other pet owners. Sometimes when it comes to your pet’s health you are not quite sure if something is normal or not, and it’s good to get other pet owner’s opinions on the matter.

No comments: