Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 3 Observation (9/21/08)

I was curious to see who was writing on this blog, so I went through the names of the people who had been posting today and examined them. Yahoo! shows the bloggers real name and nickname, which made it easier because sometimes nicknames can be deceiving as to whether or not they are male or female. I would say almost all (if not all) of the postings were done by females. Most of them have regular nicknames, but one person’s caught my eye: iluvmycats64. This person posted a lot today, so they obviously are devoted to cats and are not here on the blog to spam.

Speaking of spam, I have not seen much of it at all on this particular blog. Also, another thing that I noticed that I liked about this blog was that people that write are usually very good at punctuation and being grammatically correct. I have also been checking into the Presidential Election blog, and while I was there, I noticed that a lot of people typed using ALL CAPITALS or using symbols to get a point across. For example, people would put $$$$$$ instead of “money”, to exaggerate their point. I find that annoying, we’re not on blogs to catch attention and over-emphasize, we are here to discuss with one another and get or give advice, opinions, etc. Another thing I like about the cats blog is that people are always (from what I’ve seen so far, at least!) nice to one another. Since it’s not an argumentative topic-like politics or local issues- and it’s more of a place where people can go to discuss an interest or hobby, there isn’t bound to be much arguing or debating, more so just advice sharing and stuff. I prefer that personally because every time I go to the politics blog, there is always arguing and people telling each other that they are wrong, when in fact politics is all opinions, anyway.

No comments: